Monday, August 12, 2013

Behind the Blog Monday

Soooo excited to be participating in brand spankin' new feature from Holly @ Bookish Musings !! Make sure to check it out and give her some love!

behindtheblogmonday

This week's question: 

If there was a world where books were outlawed, and you were able to smuggle three books from the books you own, which three books would you choose??
************************************************************************
1. The Bible. Yes, honestly. Even if you weren't a Christian it would be a great book to bring. It technically has 66 books inside, hundreds of stories, and a wealth of wisdom and knowledge that should be shared down the generations

2. Jane Austen Chronicles. Wow, I love the wild cheating I am doing. But I do own a tome of all of Austen's works. This way I would have my favorite Pride and Prejudice with me and also Emma, and that Northanger Abbey I somehow keep avoiding.

3. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Still my favorite HP book. I love the innocence and newness of it all. If books were being banned I would want something light hearted to remember the good times with.

What three books would you smuggle and why??



Link up OVER HERE

9 comments:

  1. I thought about putting the Bible and Harry Potter lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bible is definitely a good choice! Lol, it's okay I did some cheating too with listing a book that was 3 books in one! It's all good! Also, I really need to read Harry Potter! I feel like everyone loves it! :)


    Thanks for participating in Behind the Blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay for Harry Potter! I have the first one sitting on my shelf waiting to be read, and haven't gone into the world at all yet other than the movies. I'm looking forward to experiencing them for the first time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I grew up with HP. I read the first book 6th grade! And as usual: the books are better than the movies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm with the new covers out its the perfect time to read them. I love those new covers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those 2 were easy choices for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's what everyone has been telling me, that they are even better than the movies. And they are making sure to mention the food! I go nuts over food in novels, especially sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah! Bertie Bott's every flavored beans and chocolate frogs...book one is the best for that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted to venture away from ones I knew almost everyone would pick. Switch it up a bit. :) Now if there were FIVE I could smuggle... lol

    ReplyDelete