Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Books to Re-Read in 2014

This year I am in the mood to RE-READ! Gasp! I said it! In the world of book blogging, you don't see many re-reads. Everyone else is trying to read the up and coming, but the Re-Read Bug has bit me. Here is what I would like to visit again this year:

1.Anything: The Prayer That Unlocked My God and My Soul
Anything by Jennie Allen. I did a guest review on The Reading List. There was a lot to take in here, another read through would infuse life in my Christian walk.

2.
.7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess
7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker. Like whoa. This book is super inspirational and Jen Hatmaker is hilarious! Hoping to get the Hubby on board for round 2.

3.Pride and Prejudice (Modern Library Classics)
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. This should just happen.


4. Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe
Desperate by Sarah Mae and Sally Clarkson. Sally's words were perfect for the soul. I want to re-visit them, and then be encouraged to read more from her!

5. Women Living Well: Find Your Joy in God, Your Man, Your Kids, and Your Home
Women Living Well by Courtney Joseph. I just read this delicious delight this past fall, and when I saw that Courtney was doing a book club on her blog, I didn't hesitate. Yes, I am already re-reading this one!

6. A Woman After God's Own Heart®
A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George. I read this one while pregnant, I believe. Seeing as I can't remember much due to pregnancy brain...and than infant brain...and then toddler brain....I just might pick this up again.

7. The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)
Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. I LOVED this so much I read the giant tome on my tiny Android screen because I was desperate to finish. Seeing as Rothfuss apparently refuses to finish book three :/// , I might as well re-read this gem. Book 2 suffered from book two syndrome though...

8. Oppression (Children of the Gods, #1)
Oppression by Jessica Therrien. Thinking of flipping through this one again. I read it in the Spring of 2012 and gave it 4 stars. Therrien came out with the second book last year and I would like to finally read it....but need to refresh myself on the storyline and characters first :)




No comments:

Post a Comment