Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Flights of Fantasy



I'm joining up with Alexa Loves Books and Hello, Chelly for their 2015 Reading Challenge 'Flights of Fantasy'. I already love to read fantasy and sci fi. Last year I only put SEVEN books on my Goodreads fantasy shelf!! YIKES! But 2014 was the year of non-fic for me.




Here is what you need to know: 

  • The challenge will run from January 1-December 31, 2015.
  • We're welcoming all readers to join us for this challenge! In order to sign up, readers must link to their blogs or their Goodreads profile in the Linky on the host's blogs.That way, we can all see where you'll be sharing your thoughts on the fantasies you'll read!
  • You can read as many fantasy novels as you'd like to. No levels for this challenge!
  • There will be 2 giveaways, one at 6 months and one at the end of the year. More details will be provided closer to those dates.
  • Help us spread the word! Feel free to tweet about the challenge using our official hashtag#flightsoffantasy, grab the button to link to the challenge in your sidebar & pin the image on Pinterest.

Want to Join Up?

  • Challenge yourself to read a certain number of fantasy books. Share your challenge number in a comment below, a post on your blog or even a tweet!
  • On the last Sunday of each month, I'll be sharing our personal updates on the challenge. Our hosts will be including a Linky, just in case you decide to do the same. (This is optional!)
  • As mentioned, there will be giveaways! If you want to gain bonus entries for the giveaways, read any (or even all!) of our favorite fantasy books listed below:
    • Joint Favorites: Throne of Glass, Harry Potter, Fire and Thorns, Snow Like Ashes, Queen of the Tearling
    • Alexa's Favorites: Eon, Daughter of the Forest, The Elemental Trilogy, Song of the Lioness, The Hobbit
    • Rachel's Favorites: The Grisha Trilogy, Harper Hall Trilogy, The Fever series, The Winner's Curse, Graceling
**I've highlighted the ones that I would like to read for sure this year**

My goal for 2015 is to read 20 fantasy books. Re-reads do count and I will also be including any sci-fi/fantasy mixes as well. I won't keep a separate page on the blog to keep track, but rather just share my progress in the monthly recaps. I will also be using a separate shelf on Goodreads

What challenges are you doing this year? Are you going to join this one? Tell me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment