Sunday, January 3, 2016

December 2015 Recap

 
Hey, no diseases this month!! Well...Baby Girl just got pink eye yesterday, but I am not going to count that. Still, I'm happy with just that! Now if only I could give birth, all my discomforts would disappear as well. I can't see how I can possibly get any larger. My belly has become an excellent place to hold books and chocolate snacks :D
Of course December was a busy month. Hubby was working a day shift so we had our evenings free and we scheduled them up with dinners and outings with friends. Fun, but exhausting.

I was enjoying the holiday season so much I didn't want it to end! One night we took Baby Girl downtown to see the Holiday Train, then we let her stay up late and eat chocolate cake at one of our favorite cafes on Grand Ave. We held our big baking day early in the month and had fudge, truffles, and almond bark cookies coming out our ears. Another highlight would be bundling Baby Girl up and taking her to a nearby cul-de-sac where all the houses go full out with Christmas lights and music. They had a Santa to take pictures with and were accepting donations for the community food shelf. I'm pretty sure Baby Girl thought it was magical :)

Christmas itself was good and laid back for me, benefits of being pregnant I guess ;D My family tried some new things to try and keep Christmas sane with six kids under six(ish). It allowed Hubby and I to have Christmas morning with just Baby Girl, something I am sure I'll appreciate and miss come next Christmas!

According to Goodreads, I read twelve books in December. I finished one audiobook (but have been listening to another re-read for quite some time!). Two books count toward my Flights of Fantasy Challenge. Seven books count for my Library Challenge

5 Stars:
One Enchanted Christmas by Melissa Tagg (novella)
The Girl in the Gatehouse by Julie Klassen (audio)
The Wedding Chapel by Rachel Hauck
Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray

4 Stars:
The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest by Melanie Dickerson
A Season to Wed by Cindy Kirk, Rachel Hauck, and Cheryl Wyatt
Murder at the Courthouse by A.H. Gabhart

3 Stars:
The Anatomical Shape of the Heart by Jenn Bennett
Fairest by Marissa Meyer (novella)
The Boy Most Likely Too by Huntley Fitzpatrick
The Healer's Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart


I managed 24 posts in December! This was the most for any month this year. How did I manage it?? We'll go with extreme organization...yeah...that...

Reviews
Storm Siren (2015 INSPY Review)

Quick Reviews/Novellas

Sneak Peek Link Ups

Blitzes and Reveals

Behind the Blog and Extra Fun!


No shows this month! Doctor Who was on hiatus while we watched Christmas movies and went out instead. White Christmas was the fave of the month!

And: FOOTBALL! I can't believe Superbowl is approaching so fast....waaah!
A lot of mocktail recipes to prep for NYE. I tried this and THIS

Otherwise most of my time on Pinterest was spent with holiday stuff! These coloring pages, this craft, and these hacks were pretty useful in December!   

**********************************
So, I made it through December with no Baby Boy appearance. I had better not be able to say the same come the January recap seeing as his due date is January 21st :) I have a lot of posts I want to get up this month to look back over 2015 and look ahead to 2016. I had better get to typing so I can have them done before he shows up! Off to read and sleep <3

How was your December? Let me know below, or leave a link to your monthly wrap up!

No comments:

Post a Comment