Monday, March 31, 2014

Motherhood Realized

Motherhood: The Best from the Power of Moms
Motherhood Realized from Power of Moms
Find their website and podcast at Power of Moms
Published Date: April 8, 2014
Amazon Summary:
We believe that family life is beautiful and that motherhood is a privilege. But we also believe it is often really hard to see all that beauty when we're in the midst of mothering. So often, we feel like we're spread too thin. We feel like we don't match up. Our hearts want to do more than our hands can manage. And every day, as we cycle through household duties, discipline, errands, conversations, teaching, and hundreds of unexpecteds, we're often left tired, worried, and in need of some extra inspiration and encouragement.
Power of Moms is an online community of deliberate mothers. Since 2007, millions of mothers from all backgrounds who are striving to be the best they can be have gathered to our website to learn and grow together. Time and again, our posts receive comments that say something like, "I am going to print this out and put it on my nightstand so I can read it again and again." We've been concerned about those nightstands . . . getting all cluttered up with paper. So we've selected dozens of our most popular posts and compiled them neatly into this book just for you.
Becoming Our Best Selves
Getting Through Hard Times
Remembering the Meaning in Motherhood
Shifting Our Perspectives
Savoring the Moments
This book isn't just a book. It's a tangible representation of a living, breathing community of mothers. Motherhood is the hardest job we'll ever love, and it's so much better when we're doing it together.
I am apart of the launch team for "Motherhood Realized". Pre-order from Amazon TODAY (3/28/14) for $12.52. The release date is April 8th, 2014. All opinions are my own. 

My Thoughts:
About a year ago I read Deliberate Motherhood from Power of Moms. I was intrigued when I saw they were coming out with a new work. "Motherhood Realized" is a collection of PoM's best and most popular blog posts. The book breaks up all the posts into four separate categories: 1. Becoming our Better Selves 2. Getting Thru Hard Times 3. Shifting Our Perspectives 4. Savoring Moments. 

As you might imagine from these categories the essays alternatively will make you laugh and cry. And yes, I mean it. I rarely actually cry for books, but a few of the stories here had me tearing up. All the essays were encouraging, relatable, and touching. Some of the stories about hardship were moving of course. But a few about savoring moments were incredibly uplifting and provided great reminders about slowing down and focusing on the here and now. 

MotherhoodRealized.Image1

One thing I like to highlight for the busy moms is how easy a books is to read and digest. Because these are former blog posts, each one can be read in about five minutes. Perfect for any mom! Read one or two in between diaper changes and tantrums and feel refreshed. They don't leave you hanging either.  Concluding each story is a reflection question and challenge that helps apply the lessons and ideas covered. This was really beneficial for the stories that really touched me and I wanted to ensure I would remember when I finished reading.

While I can't claim the idea is completely original, "Motherhood Realized" is encouraging and uplifting. It is written by real moms who have all been around the block a few times. Each author seems to have at least four kids, and I am not exaggerating. I certainly feel like I can trust their insight! I'm still glad to have this one on my bookshelf. Preorder it today before it releases April 8, 2014. It's already #8 in Motherhood ebooks on Amazon and climbing! I am rating it with 4 stars and marking it worth your time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment