Friday, May 13, 2016

New on the Shelves {April 2016}

I added quite a few things to my shelves in April. One last hurrah before the Hubby completely locked down the budget ;D I also couldn't resist a few good sales going on during the month! 

A photo posted by @amzech18 on


Like Never Before (Walker Family, #2)
Like Never Before by Melissa Tagg
I already shared a Sneak Peek, but should be sharing a review for this beauty soon. Spoiler? I liked it, but didn't love it :/

Brazen: The Courage to Find the You That's Been Hiding
Brazen by Leeana Tankersley
I already posted my Review. Yay me! You'll have to head over to the review for my thoughts on this one

Live Original: How the Duck Commander Teen Keeps It Real and Stays True to Her Values
Live Original by Sadie Robertson
I have an odd fascination with the Duck Dynasty family, so when I saw this on super clearance I just couldn't resist. 

Balancing It All: My Story of Juggling Priorities and Purpose
Balancing it All by Candace Cameron Bure
I have also admired Candace for quite some time, and really enjoyed watching her on Dancing with the Stars. After binging Fuller House, I had to add this one to my shelves

You're Made for a God-Sized Dream: Opening the Door to All God Has for You
You're Made for A God Sized Dream by Holley Gerth
I enjoy anything by Holley Gerth. And you should too!

The Beautiful Pretender (Medieval Fairy Tale Romance, #2)
The Beautiful Pretender by Melanie Dickerson
Super excited to start this one tomorrow! I've read several of Dickerson's books this year and really appreciate her historical detail.

Dear Mr. Knightley
Dear Mr. Knightley by Katherine Reay
I really enjoyed Lizzy and Jane. Reay has such a great way of writing depth of emotions. Can't wait to dive into this one. 

Live Love Lead: Your Best Is Yet to Come!
Live Love Lead by Brian Houston
I actually recieved this one for free at a concert! Not sure when I will get to it, but I am glad to have it on the shelves.

Dawn at Emberwilde (Treasures of Surrey, #2)
Dawn at Emberwilde by Sarah E. Ladd
Sarah E. Ladd is a master writer. This is her newest and the only published work I have yet to read. Can't wait!

Scarlett Epstein Hates It Here
Scarlett Epstein Hates it Here by Anna Breslaw
This was Uppercase's book pick of the month. The two previous months had fantasy picks, so I was a bit surprised to find this one in my little canvas bag. 

The Girl on the Train
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
This was a book club pick. I'm not sure I would have ever read it otherwise, I am not a big thriller reader. However, when people say 'Hitchcock' they mean it.

I also added two Penguin classics and I hope to grow my collection sooner rather than later. But as for now: I have a LOT of reading to do! What did you add to your bookshelves this month??

No comments:

Post a Comment