Sunday, March 1, 2015

Flights of Fantasy February 2015


Here it is: my SECOND update! I'm rocking this guys :) Even better? I read two of my highlighted choices. The other two choices I highlighted will be re-reads. The books I can add to my Flights of Fantasy challenge are:



The Glass Arrow
The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons
This one was a fun read. I found it to be like a modern YA retelling of the Handmaiden's Tale. Sorta.

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Yup. I can see why everyone likes this one! It felt a tad predictable, but still good.

This Shattered World: A Starbound Novel
This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
While the audio wasn't horrible, I should have waited for the hardcover. I enjoyed the characters but just ...not as much as "These Broken Stars". I'm probably just comparing them too much!

The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1)
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
This one. I really, really enjoyed reading this one. I loved having an MC who was BA without actually kicking butt. A unique perspective on forbidden love. 

Gathering Frost (Once Upon A Curse #1)
A fast paced romance, but a fun take on Sleeping Beauty. I'm really looking forward to Davis improving with book two! 

Five more fantasy reads! I'm halfway to my total of 20 for the year! Maybe, probably, I should up that number :) I wasn't planning on reviewing a lot of these titles, but maybe I should reconsider. Five reads and only one review?? Sadness. 


P.S. Check out my Goodreads shelf to stay updated! 



4 comments:

  1. This reading challenge sounds like so much fun. You've read some awesome books so far, a few of which are now on my TBR ;) Have fun with the rest of this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you read Throne of Glass! I promise, it gets better with every single book that comes after so keep reading ;) Also, The Winner's Curse is good, but the sequel is PHENOMENAL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Getting back to my fantasy roots has been such a blast. And it is hard to go wrong, I think, with Big Titles like this on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ARGH! I can't wait for Winner's Crime! I have to wait for it at the library ://

    ReplyDelete