Monday, March 30, 2015

March Recap 2015

My month will look a little boring this month I am afraid because in the realm of blogging, reading, and TV watching...I didn't do much. Or at least I FEEL I didn't do much. I will let you be the judge :)
Another fun month! Just two days ago my very pregnant neighbor gave birth to her second child...at home! Yikes! It wasn't planned :/ But both Mom and baby are well! 

Overall, March was an ...interesting month. I took my sister in law on her first college visit and later in the month we took Baby Girl to her first egg hunt. She LOVED it. 

Hubby also hosted his very own Chopped Challenge. If you've ever seen 'Chopped' on the Food Network channel, it is pretty intense. Because of space and money limits, we could only have three chefs and three judges. The chefs went all out and made some crazy fun dishes. As a judge I got help pick the mystery ingredients. For the dinner round we picked: pork tenderloin, tawny port, fennel, and Lo Mein Noodles. For the dessert round we picked: frozen french toast sticks, pudding cups, dried mint, and green apples. We can't WAIT to do it again!!


Our three chefs working on the dinner round

Hubby's Winning Dessert! NUM

In March I read 10 books. Three counted towards my Flights of Fantasy challenge. One met my Library 2015 Challenge. Overall, it felt like a slower reading month for me, but look at these linked reviews people!!

5 stars:
The Beauty of Grace by Dawn Camp
How to Catch a Prince by Rachel Hauck
An Uncertain Choice by Jody Hedlund

4 Stars:
Written in Red by Anne Bishop
The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck (audio)
A Sparrow in Terezin by Kristy Cambron
Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas

3 Stars:
The Last Heiress by Mary Ellis

2.5 Stars:
Blood Soaked Ashes by Frankie Ash


I'm giving myself a pat on the shoulder for keeping up with my reviews and tours on time! Go me! 

Reviews:

Quick Reviews:

Blitzes, Tours, Reveals:

Some Behind the Scenes Action:

Parks and Rec is my main go to whenever I get around to actually watching TV these days. 

Hubby worked a day shift this week which allowed us to watch a lot of random eps of 30 Rock and hang out with Jimmy Fallon
A ton of clothes as I am going to give Stitch Fix another go. I created a board for my stylist....let's see what comes of it! 

Some fun stuff for the communal 'An Uncertain Choice' board. Love what has been pinned on there by readers! 

And this. I'm thinking about doing a 30 day blogging challenge in April....better make up my mind and SOON! :D

5 comments:

  1. Love the cooking challenge, its cool you guys do that at home.
    You had a great month in books too! Happy April reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The at-home cooking challenge looks like so much fun! And I'm glad you enjoyed Written in Red. Looks like a good month to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so much fun! Happy April reading to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already have Vision of (in?) Silver on my nightstand. I'm actually looking forward to starting it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You finished the second book, Murder of Crows, already? Wow, you're really speeding through that series!

    ReplyDelete