Friday, May 1, 2015

April 2015 Recap

April is over already?? In my desperate wishes for warmer weather, April slipped by in a flash. But all the cold weather (and brief snow storm) had me in a reading frenzy!
EASTER happened! And Baby Girl loved all the Easter egg hunts :)
As a family we went to our first bookish event together at the library. Then the next week Baby Girl and I attended 'Do Good Together' Night at one of the elementary schools nearby. We drew pictures for elderly folks, made signs thanking veterans, and put together after school snacks for kids who couldn't afford them. It was an easy, fun way to spend an evening, plus I got to teach my 2 year old how to help others. 

My father in law celebrated his birthday, I was a judge for the cheerleading team tryouts, Hubby applied for a new job, and we celebrated our 3rd Annual Thanksgiving in April which was a -busy- success! 

In March I read 8 books. Less than previously months. I think on particular book slowed me down as I mushed through it :/ Four counted towards my Flights of Fantasy challenge. One met my Library 2015 Challenge. 

5 stars:
To Win Her Favor by Tamera Alexander

4.5 Stars:
From the Start by Melissa Tagg

4 Stars:
Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop
A Heart's Obsession by Colleen Coble

3.5 Stars:
The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Gray
Dragons Are People, Too by Sarah Nicolas

3 Stars:
The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall (audio)

2 Stars:
The Silver Witch by Paula Brackston

I tried to blog more frequently in April, but somehow ended up with only 14 posts. ?? I've also somehow been on a steady decline in posts since the beginning of the year. I only have a BILLION reviews to catch up on! 

Reviews:

Blitzes, Tours, Reveals:

Some Behind the Scenes Action:

Parks and Rec. Finally got the husband hooked. 

Not much :/ These rings are a NEED for my life.

I was in desperate need of this until I thought potty training would be a fun idea...







2 comments:

  1. Hope hubby gets the job!
    You did good for books. Happy may reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I can't believe it's May already. But at least you're getting some good reading out of it. :)

    ReplyDelete