Wednesday, January 13, 2016

2015 Reading Letdowns


"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

Thanks Dickens. Alas, it is true. Last week I highlighted my favorite reads from 2015. This week I simply must mention five books that I was looking forward too, but instead I experienced a 'worst of times'. And they all have some great covers!! These five books not only let me down, but I also ended up giving them poor ratings. 

Shall we??


Spinning Starlight
Spinning Starlight by R.C. Lewis
This is probably my number one let down for the year. It's the one I was most looking forward too after loving Stitching Snow so much last year. I didn't get to know or care for the MC, there was SO much to take in all at once (new world, search for brothers, romance...), and a villain I just found to be absent. 
My Review HERE

Whenever You Come Around (Kings Meadow Romance, #2)
Whenever You Come Around by Robin Lee Hatcher
This one had SO much potential! I love that Charity is a writer who uses her neighbor, Buck, as her hero's inspiration. However, I felt the two just fell in love with the idea of each other instead of actually forming a connection. Her first in the series, 'Love Without End' was so phenomenal that perhaps I am being overly critical here.
My Review HERE

Both of Me
Both of Me by Jonathan Friesen
I have a few problems with this one. The biggest and most major being how MC Clara quickly wedges herself into a BIG mental health situation without understand the disease or it's implications. And then basically kidnaps the guy. It was a tough pill for me to swallow.
My Review HERE

The Little Paris Bookshop
The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George
There could have been a lot of potential here. The writing was not bad, but the content was just a bore. I really should have DNF'd instead of trudging onwards. If you like coming of age stories for old men, river boat travel and book quotes than this may be your thing. 
My Review HERE

Two Renegade Realms (Realm Walkers, #2)
Two Renegade Realms by Donita K Paul
There was a TON of things going on in this book and none of them got proper attention. As I stated in my review: "It was like a slow, unsteady lead up to a climax that you could miss in a blink." This series feels too elementary for me. I'll probably be skipping book three. 
My Review HERE

Sorry authors, publishers and what not! I was just not the reader for you! Still, I thank them for their hard work, and definitely applaud the cover designers.

Tell me, what books let you down in 2015?? Did they totally flop or was it 'just you'??

No comments:

Post a Comment