Tuesday, December 8, 2015

November 2015 Recap

 
November brought even MORE disease. The 24 hour stomach bug hit our house quite unexpectedly. Baby Girl got it first, and then of course I got it as well two days later. I don't think there is anything more unpleasant than being sick and pregnant at the same time. My non-existent stomach muscles ached all day and night :/
Other than that most of November was a wild mess of Hubby working a different shift every few days. I had to be constantly checking the schedule and asking him for updates and changes. #confusing.

At the beginning of the month, my bestie held a baby sprinkle for me! A baby sprinkle is like a smaller version of a baby shower, usually for a second born or etc child. It was held at a bakery/restaurant and we had a back room to ourselves. Cookies and fruit were ordered and a very rich chocolate cake with blue sprinkles. It was so nice and relaxing to spend some time with that small, but awesome, group of ladies (kid-free!) and just chat and laugh. So thanks to my bestie, mom, sister, aunt, neighbor, and whoever else helped out :)

The third annual soup potluck was also held in November! This is the easiest and best idea for a group gathering. Everyone posts which soup they are bringing ahead of time so we don't get doubles, and then the night of the party we chow down on some amazing soups. We had seven or eight different kinds of DELICIOUS soups, though of course there was some debate over whether the white bean chicken chile should be counted as a 'soup' or not. Just for fun, I add in an Ugly Mug Exchange, which I think is hilarious but my oh so vocal friend often complains about. I've been holding on to this ugly Alice in Wonderland mug all year just for this evening and am SO glad to be rid of it! I ended up with a Hawaiian mug with some dancing hula girls. I actually don't mind it! Better than that weird Alice mug.

According to Goodreads, I read ten books in September. I finished one audiobook. Four books count toward my Flights of Fantasy Challenge. One book counts for my Library Challenge

5 Stars:
Dragons of Dorcastle by Jack Campbell (audio)

4 Stars:
Cress by Marissa Meyer
Forgiven by Terri Roberts
The Five Times I Met Myself by James L. Rubart
The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

3.5 Stars:
A Thousand Shall Fall by Andrea Boeshaar

3 Stars:
Redemption by Jessica Therrien
The Ology by Marty Machowski
Deceptive by Emily Lloyd-Jones
Whispers in the Reading Room by Shelley Gray


I managed 15 posts in November. I worked on a lot of reviews as I am really trying to catch up before baby arrives. I probably won't be reviewing a lot of the books I read in October and November that are from the library or don't 'require' a review. It also helps that I am hosting a link up with a blogger friend :) The link up is posted every Saturday for the month, but feel free to link up during the week as well! 

Reviews
Destined for Doon {INSPY Review}
The Ology {Quick Review}

Sneak Peek Link Ups

Updates & Behind the Blog

Yes. I am STILL watching Doctor Who. But we are just a five episodes away from finishing season eight and it's Christmas special. 

I also managed a few episodes of Psych while I was laying in bed ill. Gotta love Shawn and Gus.
I'm prepping for our big Baking Day of 2015 so I've pinned a few good recipes we may or may not use: Chocolate Cherry Bombs, Hot Cocoa Cookies, and these no bake cheesecakes are a few. 

Also, as Hubby *may* be on a day shift this month...I have to learn to cook dinners. I pinned a few easy things...mostly breakfast foods <3

**********************************
November BLEW by. We did a lot of prep for Thanksgiving, but I also had a few relaxing moments. I'm finding as I get bigger and bigger all I want to do is relax and sleep. Moving is so exhausting. Let's hope I can survive December! 

No comments:

Post a Comment