Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Winter Theme Book Tag


Winter%2BTag
Participating? Link up at the Reading List!

Falling Snow: 
The colors of winter are muted. Choose a book that has whites, light blues, and grays on the cover.    
 
    The Silver Witch
This book was not a favorite of mine, but I have always appreciated the cover. The muted colors, the font..calming...winter.
            
Crackling Fires: 
Colder weather makes for the perfect time to sit by a crackling fire in the fireplace. What book is the best to curl up next to a warm fire with?                            

The Heiress of Winterwood (Whispers on the Moors, #1)
     When I think of cuddling in front of a warm fireplace, I think of a nice, fully fleshed out romance. Not rushed or hurried, but slow and ready for me to sink into. Sarah Ladd's Whispers on the Moors series certainly fits that bill!


     Ice Storm: 
Winter storms can be brutal. What book do you love that takes the characters through a brutal season?                                        
Healer of Carthage (The Carthage Chronicles, #1)
One of the first books I think of when I think of 'a brutal season' is the Carthage Chronicles. The main character Lisbeth is transported back to ancient Carthage were women are beaten, bloody gladiator battles are the norm, Christians are persecuted, and Lisbeth's family struggles against a ravaging disease and evil authorities. 


 Winter Wishes:
 Spending more time indoors allows for more time to dream and wish. What character is living a life that you dream about?         
The Girl in the Gatehouse
This was a tough category for me. I wanted to pick a fantasy world (Narnia obviously), but I am trying to stick to books I read in 2015. And there aren't many fantasy worlds I would actually want to live in...too much danger and angst! SO instead, I picked Klassen's 'The Girl in the Gatehouse'. I know I would miss all my modern conveniences, but the Regency era still sounds so quaint! 

 Hot Cocoa: 
There is nothing like a hot cup of cocoa during the winter, as adults we often underestimate it. What book do you think should be the next big thing?      
Truest
         Hands down: Truest. Haven't you read it yet?? Emotional, philosophical, and a hunk of an MC in Silas <3
                      
    Lip Balm & Lotions:
 Soothing dry skin is part of the winter for many. What book is full of soothing & comforting words?            
You're Loved No Matter What: Freeing Your Heart from the Need to Be Perfect
         Holley Gerth. Anything by her. From my review: "Holley takes us by the hand, leads us to our favorite cozy coffee shop, and then over a steaming cup of joe walks us through all the lies we believe about God, perfectionism, striving, being someone we aren't"

  Peppermint Mocha:
 What is your go to winter food or drink for those reading marathons of winter?       
Dove Discoveries Truffle Fudge Hot Cocoa!! Or clementines :)


divider


A Tag post is no fun unless you tag some others to join in!  So here are my tags:
*Sheila from The Deliberate Reader
*Kel from Booked Til Tuesday

You can put up your post any time during winter, but try to give your tags a time to respond.


No comments:

Post a Comment