Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Vision in Silver {Review}

Vision in Silver (The Others, #3)
Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop
The Others #3
Visit the Author's website HERE
Publisher: Penguin Publishing Group
Publishing Date: March 3, 2015

The Others freed the  cassandra sangue  to protect the blood prophets from exploitation, not realizing their actions would have dire consequences. Now the fragile seers are in greater danger than ever before—both from their own weaknesses and from those who seek to control their divinations for wicked purposes. In desperate need of answers, Simon Wolfgard, a shape-shifter leader among the Others, has no choice but to enlist blood prophet Meg Corbyn’s help, regardless of the risks she faces by aiding him.

Meg is still deep in the throes of her addiction to the euphoria she feels when she cuts and speaks prophecy. She knows each slice of her blade tempts death. But Others and humans alike need answers, and her visions may be Simon’s only hope of ending the conflict.

For the shadows of war are deepening across the Atlantik, and the prejudice of a fanatic faction is threatening to bring the battle right to Meg and Simon’s doorstep…
I picked up a copy of this book from the library. All opinions are my own. Buy a copy today! 

My Thoughts:
First, if you haven't read books one and two or my reviews of them, stop and do that first! Spoilers, love :)

Book three picks up the energy and action that book two, 'Murder of Crows', was lacking. The action was much more prevalent and intriguing. Bishop writes some big developments in this novel, leading us ever closer to worldwide catastrophe. The humans are getting bolder, and yet through the perspective of the Others, I can only deem it as stupidity. Book four, come to me!

This book focused significantly less on Meg, yet of course she was still apart of the story. Instead we got more of a taste of several other characters--Simon, Tess, Monty, Burke, and even a freed 'sweet blood'. With such a mixture of characters and perspectives, I do worry that Bishop may be over writing herself. It works fine here in 'Vision in Silver', but I hope she pares it down again in book four. I still for the life of me can't keep Monty and Burke straight! All.the.time. 

There still isn't much of a romance between Meg and Simon, and I am absolutely loving that. There is a small attraction, but they are both so naive and confused, not to mention some seriously crazy stuff going down all the time, that the pace Bishop is taking them is just perfect. In fact, I might be upset if things suddenly got hot and heavy between them in the next few books. I am loving the innocence and growing relationship between them! 

'Vision in Silver' has a sweet ending that just gets me all excited for book four, 'Marked in Flesh'. I can't believe that I am now one of those people who have to WAIT for a new release! I usually try to avoid that at all costs. 'The Others' is shaping up to be an excellent series that I hope continues for some time. A rich urban fantasy stock full of shape shifting characters, prophecies, danger, and silly humans. 4 stars for real.


No comments:

Post a Comment